|Hi guys. According to Cloudflare, the company that monitors a sizeable portion of the traffic on the internet, March has seen an average of a 10% increase of online traffic coming from residential homes across the globe, with the exception of Italy which has seen a 30% increase for obvious reasons. What does this mean?|
1) Be Aware of COVID-19 Phishing Scams:
The Department of Homeland Security CISA (cyber and infrastructure) warns individuals to remain vigilant for scams related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). CISA encourages individuals to remain vigilant and take the following precautions.
▪ Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments. See Using Caution with Email Attachments and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Scams for more information.
2) Your home computer may not be as well protected as your work computer
▪ There is a good chance that restrictions, protection and other measures have been put into place on your work systems. This is to protect company data, prevent ransomware and data breaches.
3) You may have to make do with what you have
▪ Many manufacturing and supply chains are shut down or otherwise disrupted so it may become difficult to procure new computers and other IT equipment in the coming weeks and months. If you have any new hires on the horizon or other IT purchases in mind that we’re not aware of, please let us know so we can have plenty of lead time to order the equipment.
Also, working from home is different than working from the office. It’s easy to get distracted and you may be interested in getting better organized. Here are some articles and resources that may help:
As always, stay safe and stay healthy out there.